PhoneGap is 100% open source, and also goes by the Apache name “Cordova”. You can read more about Apache Cordova project status at: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/callback.html
PhoneGap can be used to build applications that target multiple platforms, including Apple iOS, Google Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, HP WebOS, Symbian, and Bada.
How do I get started in PhoneGap?
Getting started in PhoneGap is easy. For 90% of a PhoneGap application, all you need is a text editor. PhoneGap also integrates with device-specific development environments very easily. You can view “getting started” guides for all application platforms at the links below:
- iOS: http://phonegap.com/start#ios-x4
- Android: http://phonegap.com/start#android
- BlackBerry: http://phonegap.com/start#blackberry
- Windows Phone: http://phonegap.com/start#wp
- WebOS: http://phonegap.com/start#webos
- Symbian: http://phonegap.com/start#symbian