King Charles Health Update Issued by Queen Camilla

webnexttech | King Charles Health Update Issued by Queen Camilla

King Charles III is “doing very well” more than six weeks into his treatment for cancer, Queen Camilla told well-wishers during a visit to Norther Ireland.Charles had a planned procedure on an enlarged prostate in January and surgeons picked up a separate issue which was diagnosed as cancer.He began regular treatment on February 5 in London and canceled many royal engagements, though he has continued with some duties.Camilla gave the update after she was given a “get well soon card” by Brenda Robb, a shop assistant at The Arcadia deli, in Northern Island.”He’s doing very well,” she said. At the suggestion that men are not always “the best patients,” she added: “I try to keep him in order.”Camilla was on the second day of a solo visit to Northern Ireland and said her husband wanted to be with her in South Belfast: “He’s very disappointed he can’t come.”Back in London, the king met the new High Commissioner for the United Republic of Tanzania, Mbelwa Kairuki, and for the Republic of Singapore, Ng Teck Hean.Charles and Camilla have largely continued as normal while a major international social media storm engulfed Kate Middleton and Prince William.It all began with Twitter users suggesting it was unusual the Princess of Wales had not released a photograph for weeks following her abdominal surgery in January.That snowballed into a viral trend for suggesting Kate was “missing” which placed a huge spotlight on any new imagery of the princess.She then released a picture on March 10, for the UK’s Mother’s Day, but within hours internet sleuths identified tell tale signs it had been doctored.There were even suggestions she may have switched out her face for a pre-surgery image based on a line below her head where the focus suddenly went from sharp to soft.Gossip then went into overdrive, leading to Kensington Palace losing all control of the narrative to the point that affair gossip, largely ignored by major news outlets for five years, burst into the mainstream.Stephen Colbert gave a detailed account on the Late Show of rumors previously described as false by the palace.Jack Royston is Newsweek’s chief royal correspondent based in London. You can find him on X, formerly Twitter, at @jack_royston and read his stories on Newsweek’s The Royals Facebook page.Do you have a question about King Charles III, William and Kate, Meghan and Harry, or their family that you would like our experienced royal correspondents to answer? Email [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments